Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Echo on IP sets on lines only 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRobotnik

Technical User
Mar 29, 2012
CA
Hi everyone !

System info : BCM400 3.7 Slot 1 = 4x16 Slot2 4x16 Slot 3 GTM8

I get a problem of echo on my ip sets ALL IP SETS 2002 2004 2007 11403 1120e and 1165e while i access an analog line.

If i make internal call NO PROBLEM AT ALL ! but when i access an Pool Line i hear my self back in the handset.
This problem do not exist on Digital Set what ever the digital set model.

So the problem is only on IP set interface, what ever the config i select in the element manager about codecs or KBPS the echo is always there....

I rebooted the unit twice, i can't remember if it is a new problem or it was like this eversince, i noticed it because i remplaced my M7410 for an 1165e in my office, and now i notice my outgoing calls have and back echo of my self, i tought i was the fault of the one i called but i tryed for fun just to dial 9 for my Pool A line and i shoot in the handset and i hear my self back.... so it's me the problem and the the ones i call, since i realised it i tested others set and they are same !

I don't have any idea what it could be...

Thanks for reading.

You might add another PEC card to the MSC to increase resources. I don't know if that will help, but it looks like you've already tried adjusting the codecs. I'd suggest using only G.711-uLaw and G.711-aLaw as G.729 is quite compressed and might cause issues. From what I've read the 1165e should work.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I think on the 50/450 the 1165e is not supported however it will work but only 6 of the 8 top buttons are programmable.
As for BCM400 3.X not sure....is the above mentioned the same for you too Doc or does it fully work?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks Exsmogger, i'll put back codecs to what you said.

For the 1165e, the BCM reconize it as a i2004, totaly funtionnal except the 2 top buttons, if you press them it say "Key Not Yet Implanted" instead of this everything is working normally with a TFTP installed on the WINNT of the bcm for config files and frimwares,but you need to access the desktop winnt4 of the BCM for this process.

Guys ! I find the problem !!!

It's a bug ! on the IP terminal menu/system configuration where we can select Codecs, there is an option Echo Cancellation it was enable, i was just wondering, if i have already an echo what it does in life ?
if i remove it the echo will be worse ? No ! i was same ! but when i put it back Enable the echo on ip sets went away ! so it's a bug i guess.

but it's FIX !

But still make no sense why in Intercom there where no echo but on Analog line there was... abit no sense but i don't care now it work !

Thanks for your time Guys !

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back