Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Echo/Crosstalk on 5410 Digital Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshaw

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
I have an existing client with IP 500V2 on 6.1(20) with 5410 phones and a PRI.

For several years 3-4 people have shared the same room with no issues. Today, they report that outside callers can hear other people in the office. They have the issue both on their handsets and wireless headsets.

Nothing in the office has moved since March. Their phones plug into jacks on different walls and do not run together. I have turned off AGC on the sets.

I am feeling baffled as to why this started today. I am looking for other similar cases and solutions.

Thanks,
Frank

Seen this is a number of times on PRI circuits, all have proved to be a line issue :)

They did swap PRI service to Comcast in March. I will look here. Would a simple manual reset of the PRI fix this or do I need to go to their support?

However, the caller on the far end only seems to hear the other people in the room and not other parties on the line. Other than the 3 people in this rooom, no one else is reporting the same issue.

Thanks,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back