Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EcGetMessageProp failed with error 0x8004010

Status
Not open for further replies.

aonodi

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
CA
I am getting this error on my exchange server here is what I have.

Exchange 2003 SP2
Enterpise Server 2003 SP1

An error occurred calling into the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service: the call to EcGetMessageProp failed with error 0x8004010f.

Any help would be apreciated.

Here is a more detailed message

Date: 1/23/2007 Source: IMAP4SVC
Time: 11:06:39 AM Categgory: General
Type: Error Event ID: 1014
User: N/A
Computer: (My Server)

An error occurred calling into the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service: the call to EcGetMessageProp failed with error 0x8004010f.

For more information, click
For more information, see Help and Support Center at

aonodi - I'm getting the same error message in my logs. The client is using Thunderbird to connect to our Exchange 2003 server via IMAP. He just recently started to receive these error. Did you find a resolution?

Thanks

When a message arrives via SMTP or is submitted via POP3, it's stored in the .stm file. There's a content conversion process that, on acces will promote attributes to the edb. descibes a bit more detail and ways the author of a client can reproduce or work around the issue. I don't believe there's anything an end user can do.

xmsre - thanks for the response. I think you might be confusing IMAP with MAPI. The user doesn't have a MAPI client. He's connecting to our Exchange server with an IMAP client (Thunderbird). I've turned up IMAP logging on our Exchange server and notice he's the only one getting the error aonodi described. The problem is definitley on the client side, but i'm stumped as to why.

Cheers

Because the property does not exist yet. It works essentially the same the other direction. If a mapi client on the same store sends to the user, it goes int othe users mailbox in MAPI format. When the user accesses via IMAP or pop, content conversion has to take place and the item is promoted to the STM. So you get the warning, the item gets promoted, then on a retry it's available.

I understand the purpose of the .stm file. The reason it looks like the problem is on the client side because other IMAP users are having no problems retrieving their mail without any errors. It's just this one user. Other users are also using Thunderbird/IMAP with zero issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back