Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECC softphone and Checkpoint VPN-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelpii

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
BE
Hi,

I have ECC 1.2 on my laptop (DNA 5.2 SP2).

To get a connection with the gatekeeper, I should fill in my VPN IP address (10.8.134.40 from check point).

Then the icon says that I am connected to the gatekeeper, but when I try to make a call, it says that I lost the connection.
When I try to make an incoming call, ECC rings but it is impossible to take the call.

Anyone already got this problem?

I only found documentation about avaya softphone and Checkpoint but nothing with ECC...

Hi,

It seems that checkpoint is blocking RTP ports and may me be others, check in DNA guide port range that needs to be opened in checkpoint

BR

If is not so late, i can say that i have found the same problem some time ago. After a lot of lan sniffing i found a strange behaviour of checkpoint firewall. (After TCP.SYN, TCP.ACK the firewall sent a TCP.RST, closing the connection towards gatekepeer and client). I open an issue towards CheckPoint and i am still waiting for a solution. On customer i must change the infrastructure of the system introducing an MXOne node.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back