Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECC can't search DNA Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojo387

Technical User
Apr 23, 2008
SG
Hi All,

I installed the ECC client on the DNA Server. (I also have the ECC Server installed)

How can I configure the DNA Directory for ECC? This option as well as the port number is grayed out in the set up menu. I am able to log on and make/receive calls but have no directory functions. I checked the registry and the DNAIIS, DNAServer names are set correctly.

Any help would be be appreciated.

Regards,
Bojo

Well, I haven't defined the UDFs for User ID and Password in DMG so I guess I better try that first.

Yep, that was it alright.

Now I'd like to ask, does this mean I'd have to create a unique user id and password for all ECC users for them to have to search the DNA Directory?

Thanks in advance.

No, you need one entry for all to validate, same as Solidus DM search up to version 6 SP1,

best parnum

Hi Parnum,

I've seen where Solidus sets the DNA account(backend). But how do I do it for ECC? I've tried by using the same account for all ECC users in Dir. Config. but when I try to log on with the DNA account, it only logs on the first extension using it. When I try a unique account for the ECC users, they can all log on properly.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back