Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat1960

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2004
US
I have a question, I am trying to use EC500, I have 5 licenses to play with. When I dial my extension from outside of the PBX, how can I display the ani on my cell. My cell does ring when my office phone rings, I am curious about seeing the ani, thanks for any help.

The off pbx station mapping is set to

Station Application Dial Phone Number
Prefix Selection
47994 EC500 - 7032019526

Trunk ars off pbx conf setting 1

I have the off pbx selection settings set to CONFIGURATION SET: 1

Configuration Set Description: Standard
Calling Number Style: network
CDR for Origination: phone-number
CDR for Calls to EC500 Destination? y
Fast Connect on Origination? n
Post Connect Dialing Options: dtmf
Cellular Voice Mail Detection: none
Barge-in Tone? n
Calling Number Verification? y
Identity When Bridging: principal

Did you add the EC500 button to the station and activate it?

gblucas

yes, the ability to ring the cell phone works, just wondering about the ani showing up on the cell.

What is showing up when it calls your cell?

I get ANI on my cell phone. I either get the outside phone number or the station that is calling on mine.

I am on release MV1.1, so I have to set up this as an XMOBILE station. I used to have CM2.1 and CM3.0 in a past life, and they setup EC500 a little differently. I don't know if I can be much help.

gblucas

Some carriers do not allow caller ID pass through....

You may have to look on the trunk side to pass ani. If your trunks don't send name or number you will have to enable that. Then set up your isdn public numbering. I had to peel off a few ports off a trunk and set up a seperate trunk just for ec500 calls to pass the ani.

In the future everything will work...

When your PBX dials out to your cell, what type of trunk is it dialing out on? It must dial out on a PRI-ISDN to pass the ANI through to your cell, otherwise you won't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back