Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtb

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
We have a bunch of users who are based at location where there are no phones.
So far they've been using EC500 extension on the PBX, which using Off PBX Station Mapping will simultaneously call all their cellphones.
Works great up until we have to add a 5th person to the setup.

Am I missing something obvious so that we can add more than 4 users to this setup (any kind of daisy chain setup), or does anyone have any other suggestions of how to make multiple mobiles ring in response to one inbound number

Thanks

I think EC500 is best for single station to single mobile, but I guess you found another application!

Best solution? Probably softphone applications on their PCs. If they can VPN into your network then they should be able to run the softphone with minimal effort and setup from the network team. Other softphone solutions will require additional hardware and a whole lot more planning.

If VPNs aren't an option and you want to rig something, how about setting up everyone with their own station => EC500 => Mobile, then assign a bridged-appearance and allow bridged ringing via EC500. Calls to the bridged number will ring each phone (mostly) simultaneously and the first person to answer wins. You'll tie up several outbound trunk members until someone answers so keep that in consideration.

Or, You can set up a coverage path to ring to remote cover points, allowing you to "daisy chain". Each cover path has up to 6 cover points so you can call each one in turn. Mix that with the bridged-appearance and you can ring several groups.
Cover Point 1: BA 10001 rings stations X, Y, Z
Cover Point 2: BA 10002 rings stations O, P, Q
etc.

These sound like horrible solutions to me but will probably, maybe, possibly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back