Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 J189 Feature not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
When pressing the EC500 enable/disable on the phone I get the following error in SM.

403 Forbidden (feature activation failed)

This feature is working on h323 phones, I cannot get it to work on Jseries SIP phones for some reason. Not sure what the issue is. I've bene through the config documents and I am sure I am doing it correctly, any suggestions would be apprecaited.

I'm not aware of anything specific with J100 series phones. I have multiple users working just fine. Try checking page 2 of the station for the EC500 State:

Code:
                                     STATION
FEATURE OPTIONS
           LWC Reception: spe
          LWC Activation? y                         Coverage Msg Retrieval? y
                                                               Auto Answer: none
             CDR Privacy? n
                                                Idle Appearance Preference? n
 Per Button Ring Control? n                   Bridged Idle Line Preference? n
   Bridged Call Alerting? n                       Restrict Last Appearance? y
  Active Station Ringing: single

H.320 Conversion? n          Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number?
                                                        [COLOR=#EF2929]EC500 State: enabled[/color]

I can enable and disable via the feature access codes and see that state change on the form as well as status station. Just cannot use the button for some reason.

Hmmm... Maybe try programming it as a different set type (J179, J169, 9608SIP...) and see if the behavior changes.
Change the button location.

I'm assuming you've gone through all the PPM/SIP Endpoint troubleshooting (private numbering always gets me) to confirm all the underlying programming is correct and it's only one phone and one feature is misbehaving. The feature button is actually on the phone so it's a good assumption. [wink]

Figured it out, private unknown numbers was not correct had to change it to the correct value for that extension range.

HA! Didn't I say private numbering always gets me? Why yes! Yes I did!

Glad you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back