Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

wareemba76

Technical User
Sep 14, 2012
AU
Hi Everyone, thanks for reading. We've been banging our heads for a while now with EC500 and a particular carrier in China. The outside caller CPN gets passed onto the carrier to the EC500 destination\remote mobile however as the originating CPN is foreign the carrier blocks the call. I cannot figure a way to block the originating CPN without blocking all CLI on the trunk for that site - which works though not solution. Avaya support point towards the carrier and the carrier towards the PBX. Many thanks if you can suggest help.

Kind regasrds
Xiandong.

My first thought would be to use the tandem-calling-party-num table and alter your CPN that way. That obviously assumes that your trunks can work with that

It woudl be useful to know trunk types and Software version too

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hi\Thanks MontyZummer, the call comes in on an ISDN E1 trunk, attempts to reach the cell pone via the same trunk.
Hi\Thanks matt\Knight, good points! System is CM6.3 centre, running via G430 G\W. ISDN\E1 is by China Telecom who be very helpful.

Many regards.!

Agreed with Matt tandem number calling .....

unless you can agree something with your local carrier that says when we send this number out of our switch block it , and utilise public unknown, I'm assuming that the scenario is ex500 from say UK to China and China blocks the call ... Or am I wrong what is the exact scenario I'm actually now thinking about it and don't understand why a carrier would block an incomming number

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Monty...

I read ot that the carrier is blocking the outbound leg of the call because of the foreign cpn

OP - Is that correct?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back