Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 half ring on SIP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
thread690-1604365

Just like the thread above, after migrating a site to SIP, EC500 calls drop after ringing the cell for a partial ring. It's not 100% SIP, the actual setup is:

SIP Provider <-> Edgemarc 4808 SBC/IAD <-> PRI into CM

I was hoping the Edgemarc wouldn't be smart enough to see the outbound EC500 leg as a redirected call but it obviously does. Ribbon is doing the Edgemarc install/config, just wondering if there are any hints I can give them other than comparing the EC500 call vs a direct call to the cell? Diversion header issue? Would this type of issue typically be corrected via the SBC or the carrier? Thanks!

-CL

Well....I haven't been able to figure out how to get EC500 working in this scenario. The PBX "thinks" it's receiving vmail detection on the ec500 outbound leg and therefore requesting the SBC to just drop the call.

We were trying to go this route for a temp SIP trunk at a remote site where we do have an LSP but do not have a BSM/SM but we need the survivability. After fighting it a bit, we just did direct SIP from the Edgemarc to CM procr with the LSP procr as the backup. Eliminated the PRI handoff altogether. Everything appears to work well including dtmf, ec500, and vectors routing off-net.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back