Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 display of Internal Ext ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

gborgmeyer

Technical User
May 22, 2007
US
I'm having an issue that I can't track down. I have EC500 enabled and 99% of my calls pass the main corporate number as the caller ID but there are a few internal calls that pass the internal extension as the caller ID instead. I would love to have the internal extension passed for all internal callers but I can't seem to find the differences in the stations that do and those that don't. Is there a feature I'm missing?

I get the internal extension for all stations that haven't been configured under the isdn-public-unknown-numbering screen. Check your configurations there, assuming you use it

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

Check the off-station configuration sets between the working and non-working stations.

Thank you for the information, the public unknown format was the key. That leads to a new issue though, if I use my primary trunk group it will not pass the extension because it is set as a public-ntwrk service type trunk. If I set the numbers in the public unknown to a cbc trunk it will work but I'm not sure what that will do to the rest of my routing. How can I make this work without changing my primary trunk to a cbc?

Thanks again -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back