Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 dialplan? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodyk

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
I have a Definity V11 and have been reading up on implementing EC500. I've got it working, and it's pretty cool. My question is about all these XMOBILE extensions needed to support this. Avaya says to assign 2 extensions for every office phone if you want to be able to get multiple calls to your call, and 4 extensions if you want to include your home phones also. They suggest using similar extension numbers for the XMOBILE's, such as keeping the last 2 digits the same. Does anyone know why that's important? Obviously this software can be a big drain on a dialplan, so why is it important to bounce around assigning these seemingly meaningless extensions? I'd rather assign them sequentially, just to use the dialplan more economically. If I need to figure out what someone's XM extensions are, I could just do a List Usage Ext or List Xmobile Mapping command right? Maybe I'm missing something. Is there any reason the user would need to know his XM extensions?

I use an Xmobile extension as a brdg-appr of my office extension. That way, if I get a call at the office it will also ring my cell phone. It works out pretty good. I use a FAC to activate or deactivate it. I dont have a need for anyone to dial the Xmobile extension because it doesn't have a call-appr of its own.

I believe the only reason that they suggest this is to easily determine what x-mobile extension relates to which regular extension. By no means does it have to be that way. I don't think the user needs to know their x-mobile extension. We are on Communications Manager 2.0 and they have made the EC500 much easier to manage. One entry per EC500 device, much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back