Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 and SAFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrae

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
CM 6.0.1

I have been reading through documents and searching the internet for answers, but seem to be missing something. Due to the need to remotely work from home because of the COVID-19 pandemic, I have a department that would like to pair an extension with a cell phone, but they want the cell phone number to change depending on who is covering at any given time - and they need to be able to make the change from an off-campus phone.

I've found documentation on Basic and Enhanced SAFE, but I seem to be missing how to utilize this feature remotely. Can anyone help head me in the right direction? I'm wondering if I need to set up an Extension to Cellular access number, as mentioned in the EC500 User Guide, but haven't been able to find anything on how to set the Extension to Cellular access number itself up.

ec500 SAFE

Code:
display feature-access-codes                                    Page   2 of   9 
                               FEATURE ACCESS CODE (FAC)
                   Contact Closure  Pulse Code:
                  Data Origination Access Code:
                      Data Privacy Access Code:
              Directed Call Pickup Access Code:
       Directed Group Call Pickup  Access Code: *8
     Emergency Access to Attendant Access Code: 
[COLOR=#CC0000]         EC500 Self-Administration Access Code:
[/color]                     Enhanced EC500 Activation: 775    Deactivation: 776
A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks, but that part I have.

The part I don't have is how to configure a phone number for remote access from any off-campus phone to utilize the feature access codes. Specifically, such that the end user can call in and change the cell phone number their extension is paired with.

'Change remote-access' is the command you may be looking for. An extension for remote access has to be defined so that it can be reached via auto attendant or as a DID. The barrier code is a passcode/pin to allow authorized users access to the system. Once you call the remote-access number, enter the barrier code and then you can enter the FAC you want to use.

Ahh, thanks! I was wondering if I had to go that route. We do use the remote-access access for another reason. I'll take a look. Thanks.

I have been able to get it working. We already had it set up, I just needed to understand how to use it.

I still need to figure out how to secure it. Currently, it does not allow the use of the station security code, or, although deleting an existing number paired with an office extension is straight forward, entering a different one isn't. That is, if I use the Enhanced SAFE code, it adds the number I'm calling from, and doesn't allow me to add a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back