Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EasySync Pro 4.2 problems syncing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace1974

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2001
US
I have a win 2k machine and installed Palm Desktop Software version 4.1 for a Palm Tungsten. I installed EasySync Pro 4.2 to sync with lotus notes 5.08 but it is not syncing. I open Easysync, click on synchronize, press on the sync button on the Palm like it prompts to, and click on OK but the prompt does not go away. Password for lotus notes is allready entered. The Palm will sync with the Palm Desktop Software like the easysync software is not even installed. I click on cancel on the easysync (ok, cancel) prompt and it gives an error message "Unable to connect to device"

Is your palm in the cradle? Haahahaha. JK. Try checking program compatability, contact the vendors of the software and ask them. Make sure to tell them the ver. of the software dude!

Contacted IBM and they said Easysync R4.2 is the correct software.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have 5 different users with 5 different palms all working just fine with EasySync 4.2 and Lotus Notes. The latest user is # 6 with a Tungsten E. I somehow suspect VersaMail but can not prove it. I would be interested to know if you found a solution.
Thanks ...

ace1974 did you or anyone out there ever get a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same problem with EasySync Pro 4.1, Palm 4.1.2 for the Tungsten and get the same "unable to connect to device". I've searched the websites for uninstalling and reinstalling, compatability, etc. and come right back to the same problem. After installing EasySync Pro 4.1 I'm not seeing the Lotus Notes conduits that are usually visable in the Palm Hotsync manger, like when using EasySync 3.0a. Thanks for any input.

We found out from other folks in our organization that EasySync 4.x does not get along at all with PALM 5.x.
We ended up un-installing Easy-sync and PALM. Ensure you delete the Palm folder. (assuming of course you have a good backup of the data somewhere.) Re-install an earlier version of PALM (4.1 is good) get the connections working between Palm and Palm software. Do a hotsync to ensure communication is good. Then we installed the easysync. If you want you can stop there because all is well. If you must have the latest Palm software you can upgrade. Get everything working prior to the upgrade though. Once you upgrade you have to adjust the conduits in the PALM software. (Adjust any conflicting conduits to "do nothing". As a general rule they will be Datebook, Address & To Do) As you know the easysync takes over but you still have to adjust the conduits in the Palm software. (HotSync ... Custom ..)

thx dmacadam, your solution worked for us. what are you now using to sync mail to? is mail syncing to versamail or did you install 'old' mail app on palm to sync to? if you have set up syncing to versamail, ould you enlighten me on what you needed to get this going?

Thanks batmanu: We do not sync our mail to our palms. Some of the folks have very large databases so we don't bother. We just do Calendar, To Do and Address Book. Blackberry would be the ideal solution for having mail in the palm of your hand ... Hope that helps ....

I'm having some trouble...
I bought a new Tungsten E to replace my Palm Vx (very old).
I installed the new software but it seems like the HotSync was not updated : the desktop version shows 4.1 and the Palm device shows 5.0... Is it correct ??
Additionally, I have Lotus Notes installed with EasySync... I my machine was working perfectly sincronizing Lotus Notes Calendar and Palm records... Now, it is not working well :
1. When I add a new record in Lotus Notes it goes to the Palm;
2. When I add a new record in Palm, it is not going to Lotus Notes Calendar... Of course, I choose the options "Synchronize the Files"...
And... there is more... The HotSync program always ask me if I want to change the database (GROPILLO.nsf)... But I was using the same configurations since Last year... Without problems !!
Who can help me ???

Thanks to dmacadam for his find! I spent two days struggling with PALM Desktop 4.1.2 not syncing with EasySync 4.2. Going back to the Desktop 4.1 was an instant, seamless fix! Good job! Will pass on to others.

Great Post! I am having the same issue with Tungsten E's on my network. I'll let you know if installing 4.1 and upgrading works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back