Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EasyCatalog For InDesign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcole

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Has anyone used or heard of EasyCatalog, the database publising plug-in for Adobe InDesign? I have downloaded the try-out, and it seemed to be everything I need it for. However, it is a little costly, and I was wondering if anyone had a similar suggestion. I have a 200 page catalog that needs updating once every few months. The majority of the data within is taken from a database. Please let me know if any of you have experience with this, or know of a better option. Thanks in advance!

Three different Database Publishing solutions, screens how their "workspace" will look, while linking external content to a designed document ...

InCatalog -> Reuse layout, link and update content in two directions, no pageroboting

Xactuell -> as before, with own SQL and Scripts, you can define different kind of updates or page making up ways

EasyCatalog -> as InCatalog, completly layout driven, pagination, OBDC and Scripting possible

Typical tasks for them (in addition to the first - structured pages): free driven layouts, - tables
These are parts of the German Adobe InDesign Konferenz (Bern, CH), Database Publishing Plug-in companies like the three before, but too the new "old" DataMerge function from Adobe InDesign CS2, IQuest.comet, InBetween3, Pagino, uses this benchmark packages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back