Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy way to check if Current user has Author access to a doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoGryph

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
Does anyone know of any easy way (Lotus Script OR @Function) if the current user is a member of an author's field?

I admit, if it were just Names in the Authors field, that would be one thing, but I'm including Names and Roles in that field.

Just checking @IsMember/@IsNotMember of @UserRoles will not work if the Name is in the list, and checking @IsMember/@IsNotMember of list of Names won't work either. I'd have to check both, but I'm guessing there is some much easier way to check if the current user can edit the document?

I can't seem to find any method of the NotesDocument or NotesUIDocument to access for this. And there doesn't seem to be any method relating to NotesUIWorkspace for this either. UserAccess will only give me the access level for a given database, not the selected (or open) document.

-MoGryph
[8O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back