Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy VBScript Question (moved from vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billxx

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
Please excuse my terminology if it isn't 100% clear.

I have programmed in VB6 for a few years as a personal interest and for personal use.
I now have an IP telephone system that Posts call reports to a server as soon as the call ends with XML.

I wrote a simple program using Winsock, but the situation has changed and now I need to use a server.

In VB6 I used Winsock GetData to put the input into a string and then I parsed out the fields.

My question is, how do I do this in VBScript? Assign the Posted data to a variable that is.

When the data is Posted to my ASP web page, how do I assign it to a variable?

Thanks,
Bill

Are you saying that you want to use ASP to (1)fetch an XML file and (2)parse it?

No.

The remote location Posts to my computer/server with XML.

I'm sorry if I didn't communicate that clearly. I see where the mention of GetData would look like I was trying to fetch.

Bill

>Easy VBScript Question (moved from vbscript forum)
How do you know it is "Easy"? What do you expect from its being "Easy"?

>Assign the Posted data to a variable that is.
It is the request object. You can create an instance of xmldomdocument object and load the request object if that's all that is posted as text/xml request header.

I considered it an easy question because someone, like yourself, knew the answer immediatly.

Thanks,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back