Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemcrasher

Technical User
Jul 11, 2000
US
I am currently using a SD11 mobo that supports ATA33/66 only. I am looking at purchasing an IBM 75GXP that supports up to ATA100. I'd like to buy this simply because I will be upgrading to another mobo in the spring. Will there be a problem using the IBM with my current SD11,( obviously it will only run @ 66)? [sig][/sig]

well an ATA/100 drive cant work on an ATA/33-ATA/66 interface, a cheaper alterative is to spend like 45$ on a ATA/100 card (from which will support IDE, ATA-33, 66, and 100. that'll be cheaper and less of a hassle than just trying to upgrade to a new motherboard. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back