Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy Question on Filters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ualale

Programmer
Jun 8, 2002
US
How can I make my report and query filters permanent? FILTER ON stays on but the filter is blank every time I go back to it.

Thanks.

Ulale: My questions is "Why would you want to?" If you truly want to leave a Filter permanently on and leave the actual Filter statement in place then there is another avenue to do just that. Create a new Record Source with a query of the Table with a permanent Where statement that reflects the Filter than you wish to make permanent.

This query would be the Recordsource for the report and the FilterOn property should be sent to No.

Now you have what you requested a report with a permanent Filter which is actually in the WHERE statement of your query.

Get back with me if I am interpreting your needs incorrectly and explain a little further.

Bob Scriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back