Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy programme up for grabs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Apr 13, 2000
IE
Hey everyone,<br>Ive been given this problem and can only make a very scimpy start on it....<br>can someone please help me??<br><br><br>Synchronise 2 threads: 1 prints 1, second prints 2,<br>use semiphores for synchronisation (2 needed)<br>even wait- signal<br>odd wait- signaal<br>initial value of semiphores is needed<br>prints odd one = 1, waits on semiphore, <br>even= 2, signal odd signals = 3,<br>guarantee- one thread that prints first, not necessarily the one created first; placement of semiphore is crucial.<br>if loops are incorrect, one thread may die, if 1 less digit, 2nd loop may be too small. Ensure it still gets the semiphore.<br><br>Please Please sort this out....<br>Thanks<br>ken<br><br>Ps, this has to be written in c/c++

I infer that U want a program that have 2 threads that go in one after the othere i.e thread 1,then 2 then 1 anfd then 2......<br>I guess I have an algo for sequencing the threads supposing we have 2 semaphores 1 and 2<br><br>main() {<br>...<br>&nbsp;p_sema(2)<br>pthread_create(func1);<br>pthread_create(func2)<br>}<br><br>func1() {<br>p_sema(1)<br>your_own_stuff()<br>v_sema(2)<br>}<br><br>func2() {<br>p_sema(2)<br>your-own_stuff2()<br>v_sema(1);<br>}<br><br>thread 1 will be the thread that alwasy starts first as we have done a P_sema(2) in the main program which creates these 2 threads.<br><br>Adios<br>amit<br><A HREF="mailto:crazy_indian@mailcity.com">crazy_indian@mailcity.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back