Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy going to other movie, but how to get back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatkat

Technical User
Jul 1, 2001
MX
I´m using the "go to marker_x of movie_y" command to jump from one projector to a different movie. and works like a charm, problem is when trying to return to the first movie (projector.exe), if I use "go to marker of movie", at the time the projector is made, i can jump to the second movie, but when trying to go back the program ignores the .exe file and prompts for the original .dir even if they share the same name and I omit the extension when coding the script, what gives?

I'm not usin the "jump to movie" behavior that comes with director because it usually gets confused after one jump, eg: I'm going from movie A to B, and from there to C, D, or back to B. so far so good, but then I need to get back to A from B, C, D... at this point the projector.exe file is ignored.

I hope I made myself clear, please if anyone understand my rambling post some advice.

The easy way arround this it to make a launcher app, a blank movie with only the code to jump to your first file (currently your .exe). Make that your exe file. When you run it your real first file loads but you can jump from file to file no problem, you can also edit your first file without needed to make a new .exe file, saves lots of time in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back