Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy Free distort method???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyBenny5321

Technical User
Nov 23, 2008
US
Hello! I am always needing to distort images in illustrator. The free distort tool is what I end up using but there is no way to preview what I'm doing until I apply it. Is there an easier way to distort/skew objects? Thanks!

...effect > warp options can do what the free distort does in most cases (if not more), you can also try the warp tool (shift+R) and changing the brush size for real organic distortions...

...but with many of these tools, trial and error is nearly always required...

...other ways to skew are using the free transform tool with the command/control + shift + alt/option key combinations and combos between these keys...

...doesn't work with imported graphics though so you have to use the warp functions in the effect menu (or warp tool) or the envelope distort functions under the object menu to skew embedded graphics...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back