Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy format question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBAnewguy

MIS
Jan 28, 2003
US
First of all, I am learning SO much from this BB, thanks to all for help on past threads. If only my company would spring for some training, maybe I wouldn't be posting so much!

I have a report that groups by period, so far I can keep the records together by using the "keep together" function on the group header, but I can't seem to keep the group FOOTER's on the same page, they will kick over to the next page if space requirements force it.

Any help would be appreciated as usual.

don't use keep together on the header -- force "keep together" on the group footer instead.

To expand on DallasAggie's answer, right-click on the group header or footer and choose Change Group. This lets you choose Keep Group Together and also Repeat Group Header On Each Page.
Note that Keep Group Together will cause the first group to start on page 2, if it cannot all fit on page 1. This happens even when it can't fit on page 2 either, but there seems no way round this.

For future reference, a dummy group and Repeat Group Header On Each Page is also a way of getting a 'page header' for a subreport.

It helps to give your Crystal version, since newer versions have extra options, and some extra problems. I use Crystal 8.5.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

yikes, I was trying to use "keep together" at too high of a group level (group1 was too big to keep on one page) and it was ignoring the "keep together" of the subsequent group2. Once I removed the keep together from Group1, the keep together worked perfectly for group2.

Group1 H
Group2 H
Group2 F
Group1 F

Thanks for the advice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back