Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy Access Security Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHogan

MIS
Aug 23, 2001
CA
I have a database with a .mdw file and many users and groups that works well. But users can currently open the database without using the shortcut and still view the database.

What is the easiest way to only allow users into the database using the shortcut and not letting them bypass the Autoexec. If possible I would like me as an Admin to bypass the Autoexec but none of the users. Can I do that?

It sounds as though you have left the "Admin" group in place and that is why they can bypass the startup routine.
You need to set yourself up as say.. Developer and give yourself "Administration" rights on everything and even change the Owner to Developer... then remove the Admin group completely.

When a standard user starts Access the system will allocate him the Admin handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back