Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easiest way to transfer a 'company' to another install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymann

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2007
US
Hello,

I need to give a satellite office all the data on a company in my install of Peachtree as they are managing it now. It looks like in the backup directory all the companies are backed up individually. Could I just zip up the company folder and send it to the other office for them to restore as a new company on their Peachtree if we are using the same version of the software? Is there an easier way?

Thanks!

I regularly do essentially what you are asking about. That is I copy a clients company directory to a flash drive and take it home. I copy it to my hard drive and use the browse to find the companies I need and open them. Works fine. Only problem is since the system is live I can't make changes and port them back. It is just for viewing. As I understand your question you could make all the changes you want as your aren't sending data back. By the way I'm working on a solution to my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back