Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easiest Professional Level Exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd1

Technical User
May 3, 2002
US
Hi all. My CCNP expires in September of 09 and although I am working on a complete career change, it will be a few years before I am done with the schooling necessary to make the jump. I was wondering if the rules are still that any one professional level exam will renew my NP, and if so, what is the easiest prof level exam to study for in order to renew.

Thanks!!

To renew I think you will have to take only one of the 4 CCNP test;

ONT
ISCW
BSCI
BCMSN
(or Composite to combine BSCI/BCMSN)

I personally thought the ONT was pretty easy myself...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Oh really? I thought, at least at one point, you could take any prof level test including the VP/SP series and it would work to renew your NP as well. So you thought ONT was pretty good? I took the old test in 2006 that still included BCRAN and troubleshooting, so I have never taken ONT at all.

Any professional test or the CCIE Written will renew the CCNP. I took the ONT and thought it was the easiest out of the group. BUT, I had been working pretty heavily with QoS and the WCS Software at the time of taking it. I think the QoS exam was also easy in comparison to the rest.

But that's just my opinion.

Since you have 9 months to prepare, you've got lots of options.

So you are saying when I finish my CCNP and time to renew my CCVP/NP I just have to take one of any of the prof. test to renew both at the same time?

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Nevermind... I figured out my own questions by logging into the Cert Tracker on Cisco's site and discovered that my CCVP was renewed after I passed my ONT.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

That reminds me---I have to renew my NP within the next year too...:(

Burt

Burt, if you are thinking of the CCIE, you might want to look into the CCIP track. BGP and QoS are 2 of the 3 tests required for the IP, and are on the blueprint for the IE

What about the CCIE for voice? I have been working towards the NP to help with the IE voice, anything else I should look into to help prepare before I attempt that beast?

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

I need a bit more experience before I even think about that, but who knows what will happen in the next year...

Burt

I haven't looked at any of the Voice tracks yet, so I couldn't really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back