Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

easier site builder than golive 6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greywolfjc

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
i have the adobe golive 6 software but im getting frustrated with this darn book that came with it, can anyone tell me about a really simple website builder so that i can get my site up and running within like a day. im in need bad because i need this site for my business. any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

guidewolf

logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

I am becoming more happy with GoLive6 every day! The more I use it the more I learn.

I came from a PC background and always built every site in Wordpad for five years or so. For seven months I have been working with GoLive and must say I have been converted. Today I replaced 3284 different font tags and closing font tags in minutes! With a preset function in the software. It has everything you might need.

I have read several books from Lynda Weinman and would recommend her training to anyone. She has a great CD for GoLive 6 at
Good Luck!

-----------------------------------------------
These are endless galaxies which are yours.
You can journey to infinity
through the endless passages of the cosmos.
Even better. This all belongs to you.
This is your mind.

Do not use a Homestead.com, Geocities.com, etc website wizard to create a business website. A professional website is a productive website. Graphics are essential in a websites appearance. The site must grab the surfers attention. Use Frontpage templates, Dreamweaver templates, Swish v2.0. My best advice is to higher a college or university Multimedia and Design student and pay them ten dollars an hour to create it for you. They will do a better job then most of the pro's who type code in Wordpad. They have experience with all new web software and will appreciate the opportunity.

Happy Hunting

Try trellix, It dosen't get any easier than that.

There are easier web packages then GoLive, but you won't be able to create a very good web site with them.

GoLive manages to pack an extremely large amount of powerful tools into a relatively simple and easy to use package. Ultimately no matter what you use it helps to understand how web works and at least the basics of html.

If you want to use more advanced features like JavaScript and php - GoLive has some very powerful tools for doing that, but again no matter what software you use, it helps to have a basic understanding of them.

----------

Today I replaced 3284 different font tags and closing font tags in minutes!

I'm surprised it took that long. Of course font tags shouldn't be used any more. CSS is immensely more powerful and easier to change.

Here for example is a site that demonstrates CSS well. It has pages of the exact same html code, but with each page using different CSS rules. As you look at them it's hard to believe the html doesn't change, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back