Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EAS and Huntgroups together? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCLowCash

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
Is it possible to use skills and huntgroups together on the same switch? I understand that when you turn on skills and modify a hunt group you now have an y/n option for skills on page 2?

Additionaly does anyone know how to restore a configuration from the flash card?

Thanks,

Tyler

Yes & no. You can have non acd hunt groups as long as they don't use vectoring. If you have acd and/or Vectoring then they must be Skill based. Its a bit of a pain, since I've had situations in a company with an Eas call center where they had some little shipping department that wanted a small ACD queue & had to use agent login ID's. If your happy with just one announcement you can use a ucd-mia hunt group to simulate acd.

By the way, I found out the hard way, if you use ucd-mia in the hunt form by mistake instead of ead-mia with eas, the skill levels assigned in the agent id form don't mean dick.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

If you are 'forced' to use EAS for a small and simple department which only wants some minor features, just build it like a normal EAS environment, but don't tell them about the difficult login stuff. Just log them in once to never be logged off again and only give them an AUX button which you tell them, is a Log-in/Log-out button. Give the users a real plain one-button feel; they don't have to know about all the stuff you programmed!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

Thanks for the information.. What about restoring from the card?

Tyler

Restoring from the card would just require a restart (Reset Level 3 would do it) with the proper card inserted. No need to tell service will be interrupted for a couple of minutes and your Definty will go back in time to the day you made that backup... Don't forget about your TN750 announcement cards and MAP boards...

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Home is were you end up when you've got nothing better to do

Correct me if I'm wrong but simply resetting the switch will restore the configuration from the card? How do I backup the TN750 and MAPD ? Also how do I perform a lvl 3 reset.

Thanks

Tyler

Hmmm... Resetting your system isn't something you just 'do'. Takes some preparations.
Could you show me a list config all so we can see what's in your Definity that needs special attention when resetting the system...?

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Home is were you end up when you've got nothing better to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back