Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Earthlink permissions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jysorensen

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
US
Hi I'm trying to setup Earthlink TotalAccess on Windows 2000 laptops. I have to install it as Admin, but when I logon as the user, I have no access to "Add a new location". I called Earthlink and they said there is no work around. They said I HAVE to give them Admin rights. I do NOT want to give these people admin rights. Isn't there a way that I can just give people full rights to Earthlink so they can add new locations when they're in different states? They need new local numbers and in order to do this, they need to be able to "Add a new location". It's stupid that they put Admin rights on it!

TIA
JS

My ISPs dialer has a phone book of over 20,000 POPs nationwide and does not require Admin level to provide them. It's a smart dialer that self-updates and allows the user to dial into any number at any time. We also provide anti-spam and anti-virus filtered email. POP-up blocking is up to you. We are VPN friendly too.

Perhaps you should change to a provider who cares about your needs instead of making your needs fit their product?!

Feel free to call.

Dave Richardson
Surfinbox.com
(877) SURFINBOX
(877) 787-3462
sales@surfinbox.com

Surfinbox.com Business Internet Services - National Dialup, DSL, T-1 and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back