Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Earned Value calculation using Baseline1 or Baseline"x" values 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storyteller

Instructor
Apr 19, 1999
CA
Hello All,
The various tables, views and reports all use the "Baseline" field value for their calculations, including "Earned Value". Has anyone created a custom table/view or report showing Earned Value data using Baseline1 or any of the other Baseline"x" values.

I can create a custom table using "Baseline1 Actual Work", etc fields, but there is no BCWS1 field to easily create a custom Earned Value table using Baseline1 values.

Saved the original "Baseline" after all tasks have been assigned to Resources and since then there has been a significant change in scope and Tasks and Resources have been shuffled. As a result a "Baseline1" was saved and I would like to be able to run Earned Value reports using Baseline1 values.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Michael

You don't know what version of Project you are using. The directions below work in Project 2010 and Project 2013.
File > Options, Advanced.
Scroll to the bottom and under Earned Value options for this project, set Baseline for Earned Value calculations to the correct baseline.

Sorry that should say "I don't know what version of Project you are using".

Hello Julie,
Using both Project 2010 and 2013.

Thank you for the information. This is a setting that I was not aware of.

Regards,
Michael

You're welcome. Glad to have helped out and thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back