Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E_FAIL & Null errors in VFP6 via ADO/ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertdc

Programmer
Feb 10, 2004
PH
1. My VFP6 app runs on XP and can consume VFP data & SQL. But, on several instances, I encounter E_FAIL errors in ADO when the app tries to rs.addnew(). Any idea how to resolve this?

2. The same VFP6 app also encounters "check state" errors when adding records on some tables. I noticed that the error occurs when it tries to add a blank non-char value to a field. the add is done via ADO using addnew() and setting rs.field(x).value = luvalue. In Debug, I also noticed that the current value of rs.field(x).value is an empty char while luvalue is either a blank date or a zero. I thought this has something to do w/ Null setting in my odbc data source. But, I can't seem to find the setting in the ODBC config window in XP. This (as well as the Deleted) setting exists in Windows 2000, though.

I would very much appreciate any help on this. Right now, I can't move on due to these problems.

Thanks,
Albert

Albert Cobacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back