Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E911

Status
Not open for further replies.

robakabobbo

Technical User
Mar 14, 2013
US
Greetings,

We have server edition 10.1.0.4.0. We are an educational facility. Does IPO offer something for e911 services. I see something about an emergency ARS. How would one build that and implement that? Also, when anyone calls from here, it just shows the main line for our facility, how can I change it to show individual DID?

Firstly how big is you site. Unless its spread over several physical locations then using things like different DDIs and location based Emergency ARS settings is redundant.

If its just a single small site then all you need to do is ensure there's a system shortcode for whatever you dial in emergencies (you didn't say where you are in the world) and set to the Dial Emergency action and Outgoing Group ID of your main external trunks.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

United States. We have 13 buildings at one address. No other address will be apart of this. i see that in our ARS Main we have for code 911 911Si(and our main number) I have seen in other forums and such, talking about having a emergency ARS but I dont see that on my primary or expansion? How Do you create one?

This is a little more complicated than just changing the IPO. you need to have the Provider set up with e911 as well so they can assign an address to each DID. if you have SIP it is easier but i would suggest you get a qualified business partner in to help you get through this. it can get tricky and you dont want to have a problem. if you dont have SIP you can think about getting some SIP trunks and DID;s to make it easier.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Our voice provider has E911. I just need to be able to show our DID. Doesn't Sip trunks affect Faxing?

if you have IP phones i would use locations on the system to put IP/subnets into specific locations and then force each ext to use a specific DID for outbound 911. this way your provider can tag the DID's with building numbers or rooms and have emergency services show up at the correct place. its a little complicated to build but once you have it set up it will work well.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

@robakabobbo

I asked the Head of Public Safety in Avaya about your question.
You can email the Head of Public Safety for Avaya regarding your question and required solution.
His name is Mark Fletcher.
His email address is fletcherm@avaya.com

Mods: Please don't red flag this post as i have obtained permission from the Avaya employee to share his email address in this public forum.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back