Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E911 SIP Implementation - Inbound Callback to caller not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daudet

Vendor
May 29, 2006
CA
Hi All

We are implementing E911 on SIP. Outbound works fine but Inbound callback is not.

My preliminary testing is as follow in a non production environment.

IP-Network-Map (to map my OneX IP)
IP Address: 10.189.11.170 NR:65 Emerg Loc:145005 Ext:61230

Public Unknow (to send proper ELIN #)
ExtLen: 6 Ext Code:145005 Trk Grp: 40-41 CPN: 4166131138 Len: 10

ARS Analysis Loc 65
Dial St:11 Min:2 Max:2 RtePat:651 Call Type: Alrt
Dial St:911 Min:3 Max:3 RtePat:652 Call Type: Alrt

Route Pattern for Loc 65
Name: Insert 9 Rte Pat:651 TK Grp:40 Frl:0 Ins Dig:9
Name: 911 Rte Pat:652 TK Grp:40 Frl:0

Also in SMGR Dial Patterns for 11 and 911 are setup as Emergency Call and route the call to the SBCE.

Outbound test call from my OneX ext:61230 from home to 911 and 9 911 went to the proper Montreal PSAP and the 911 call taker got all the info i have entered in the PSALI database thru the telco portal.

As soon as i hang up, i use my cell to callback the 4168131138 and it should ring back to my ext:61230 for period of 10 min after the 911 call. But is goes to the Regular Auto Attendant instead of going to the 911 caller extension 61230.

I cant find the proper documentation for implementing the Inbound callback.
Anyone have ever implemented this?

Also i have a denied on my outbound CM trace of ext:61230 to 911
11:51:02 denial event 1252: E911 call-fwd denied D1=0x9a9a D2=0x2a7

Last info i was told by telco that my SBC needed a Sigma script so the 911 call is directed to proper PSAP. Without that script my 911 call are routed to a generic 911 call center that answer for all Canada (kind of basic 911 for sip).

--------------Sigma Scrip Below--------------------------------------------------
within session "INVITE"
{
act on request where %DIRECTION="OUTBOUND" and %ENTRY_POINT="POST_ROUTING"
{
if(%HEADERS["To"][1].URI.USER.regex_match("911")) then
{
append(%HEADERS["From"][1].URI,";user=phone");
append(%HEADERS["P-Asserted-Identity"][1].URI,";user=phone");
}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am open to all your suggestions.
Thanks

Daniel Audet
IT Technical Advisor Senior | Infrastructure, Evolution & Services|
Intact Financial Corporation
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Try to add 145005 as a X ported station and change inc trunk 40/41 to make the DID go to 145005

And tell Isabelle Kyle says hi :)

kyle555
ok we did create a virtual ext with 145005
145005 is also the ELE (Emergency Location Ext) in the network Map for my Station IP and NR65.

Trunk 40-41 are Sip Trunk to SBCE via SM (Outbound)
Trunk 110-111 are Sip Trunk to CM via DM (inbound)

There is no Inc trunk because they are SIP trunk so in SMGR under SBCE Adaptation Digit Conversion for Incoming Calls to SM
I am pointing the DID to 145005 or dont delete and pass it on to SM and the result is the same by going to VDN Auto attendant

A list trace tac #110 show that i am getting in trunk 110 and it is dialing 1892250 the VND for AA
If I call 145005 internally from my OneX i get a busy tone

If i remove the Virtual or X port station 145005 i am still heading to the AA

Kind of weid.

Daniel Audet
IT Technical Advisor Senior | Infrastructure, Evolution & Services|
Intact Financial Corporation
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Is the emergency location extension set on the station form too? maybe blank it out or make sure it's the same as the extension. I know there's a situation where it can conflict with the network map. Not sure if it's just having ELE set on the station form at all or if it's set to something different than the extension.

Typically set the ELIN in the IP Network Map and verify it goes out in the SIP trace. Add the station to match the ELIN. Once you make the outbound alrt call (you can set your cell phone for testing) you can status the ELIN station and should see call forwarding set to go to the extension which made the outbound call. When you dial back the ELIN you should arrive at the originating station. Also check you system parameters features for the emergency call forwarding duration.

If you are an IAUG member I did a presentation at Engage in 2020 on E911 which shows most of the configuration for dynamic callback (1005E911).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back