Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E911 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Not so familiar with E911 so bear with me.

I am dialing 933/911 for testing currently. When dialing 933 our outbound caller id can only be one of the numbers assigned to the PRI it seems, anything else will not work and the caller ID will use the lead PRI number.
When dialing 933 I should be sending the E911 based on the emergency location extension for this location however that is failing with the error
denail event 1252 E911 call-fwd denied

I am not sure what I could be doing wrong or if this is a carrier issue causing this? Anyone run into this before?

933 is a de facto standard for 911 testing, but isn't always supported by every carrier. You should confirm that the carrier provides a read-back for 933.

Assuming that it is supported by the carrier or you are using a 3rd party such as Sentry 911, the call-fwd denied implies there is something wrong with your ELE station.

For about 10 minutes after a station dials an "Alert" or "Emergency" number, CM will attempt to route calls back to the ELEs DID to the station that originated the 911 call. For that to work, the station must be a non-virtual station, such as an analog or digital station, and left X-Ported. That way if the call gets disconnected and someone dials back, they should be able to reach the originating caller. If you want to use the feature then make sure your ELE station is in the public-unknown numbering with the correct DID assigned.

Not every customer wants that so they direct inbound calls to the ELE to Security or a Front Desk and you may want to check with all the applicable laws.

I forgot to mention, we are changing 933 to dial out to a 911 vendor intrado using the route table. So dialing 933 actually outpulses a 10 digit number and not 933 or 911. The extensions are indivudually all in the public unknown table as well.

Right, the route pattern deletes 3 and inserts the vendor's number.

Code:
display ars analysis 911                                        Page   1 of   2
                             ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed           Total     Route    Call   Node  ANI
          String          Min  Max  Pattern   Type   Num   Reqd
    911                   3    3     911      alrt         n
    933                   3    3     933      alrt         n

Code:
display route-pattern 911                                       Page   1 of   4
                    Pattern Number: 911    Pattern Name: E-911
    SCCAN? n    Secure SIP? n     Used for SIP stations? n

Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No.  Inserted                             DCS/ IXC
    No          Mrk Lmt List Del  Digits                               QSIG
                             Dgts                                      Intw
 1: 100  0  212  1            3   1xxxxxxxxxx                           n   user
 2:                                                                     n   user
 3:                                                                     n   user
 4:                                                                     n   user
 5:                                                                     n   user
 6:                                                                     n   user

BCC VALUE  TSC CA-TSC    ITC BCIE Service/Feature PARM Sub  Numbering LAR
    0 1 2 M 4 W     Request                                 Dgts Format
 1: y n n n n n  n            rest                               pub-unk   next
 2: y y y y y n  n            rest                                         none
 3: y y y y y n  n            rest                                         none
 4: y y y y y n  n            rest                                         none
 5: y y y y y n  n            rest                                         none
 6: y y y y y n  n            rest                                         none

A similar pattern would be needed for 933.

I still think the issue in in the ELE itself. Take a look at Although this doesn't say, the requirements to make it work appear to be an X-Ported station. Any set type will work as long as it isn't a Virtual station.

Code:
display system-parameters features                              Page   5 of  19
                        FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

SYSTEM PRINTER PARAMETERS
  Endpoint:               Lines Per Page: 60

SYSTEM-WIDE PARAMETERS
                                     Switch Name: CHA
           [highlight #EF2929] Emergency Extension Forwarding (min): 10[/highlight]

The Carrier has responded to me finally and said this is something that is on their end they need to change. Waiting for that change to happen and will test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back