Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E911 ALI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromephone

Technical User
Jun 12, 2012
US
THis is going to be a requirement in MIchigan in 2019. I have a potential customer for a new phone system and wonder if anybody has worked out how to get the ext info to the 911 service. I have thought of just grouping the extensions in different areas of the buiding to use specific trunks for 911 calls but do not know if that would meet the requirements. Is there any way to program IP office to pass the trunk info and ext# to the 911 center or is there a whole different approach to use I have not done anything on a proposal yet so VOIP etc is a possibility.

You can use a service such as RedSky or Intrado/West depending on how granular you need to be. Some carriers will allow you to map that information to a DID number in their database, in which case you just send a unique number from each station for 911 calls. That caller ID gets mapped to 123 Main Street, Floor 2, Northwest Corner, Cubicle 456 or whatever info you want to send.

Since R10 IPO can send location data with emergency calls over SIP. I guess it can be set under locations or perhaps within each single extension.

Good point - I forgot about the SIP location info. I haven't yet run across a provider that can take that info, but I presume it'll get more popular as the 911 legislation evolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back