Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8604 Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbasql160, EC=UserID=Null

Status
Not open for further replies.

3A21

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
US
Find help
I have installed ArcServeIT 6.61 on windowsNT4, registered the pruduct.I'm triying to use it.
When I start the backup of sqlserver (I installed the sqlserver agent), the backup cannot run.
What could be the problem ? Please help

What version of SQL Server?
What service pack level?
Can you browse the SQL server in the Backup Manager?

What version of SQL Server : 7.0
service pack level : sp3

No I cannot the SQL server in the backup manager because of this :
Backup Agent error (85) 'Invalid user ID or password was sbmitted'

I would make sure that you have your ARCserve patches up to date. Have at least sp2a installed and maybe take a look at the list of patches for 6.61 SQL agent:
Something else to take a look at would be the authentication method you are using. If you are using mixed, try using both 'sa' and Administrator. If you are using Windows Authentication, try browsing while logged in as Administrator and change the Job Engine (if SQL is local) or Backup RPC Server (if SQL is on another machine) to start using Administrator. There may be a problem of ARCserve not impersonating you properly and cannot be authenticated by SQL.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back