Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8602 Failed to read from database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray99

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
US
I am currently getting this problem, intermittently ( 1 succesful backup in the last 4), while backing up exchange 5.5 (on an NT4 sp6a server) from arcserve 2000 sp4 on W2k sp3.

E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Information Store, EC=)

It backs up 22GB of a 26 GB Inf Store then fails with the above error (no error code is included). I tried to do a brick level to see which (if any) mailbox was causing the problem. The brick level backup failed with named pipe errors(69) on every mailbox (actually the calendar of every mailbox) after about the first 10 or so and then hung.

I upgraded the agent and applied patch Q022840. Now a test brick level backup appears to work in the job log, but in the dbaexch2.log I see the following errors on some (not all) mailboxes.

<01/31/03 14:22 PID:703 TID:722> Warning: One or more messages in folder Inbox is not backed up correctly.
<01/31/03 14:23 PID:703 TID:722> ReadReference..(): WARNING! not enough space in cacheBuffer for 64K data. The rest part will be read in later.

And last night the IS backup failed again.

I have 2 problems now:

How to get around the failing IS backup.
Why is the brick level job log saying all is fine but the dbaxchg2.log giving errors.

HI,

Please check if you have enough disk space on the EXchange server...

as for the second error... it is just a warning and should not cause your brick level backup to fail.

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

The exchange server has 140GB free on the disk holding the IS...

And the last line of the warning that i forgot to paste in is:

<01/31/03 14:23 PID:703 TID:722> Warning: One or more messages in folder Inbox is not backed up correctly

Cheers

Gray

You may want to try NT backup to get the backup and see if that works. If it does it is something to do with ARC. They will tell you to try this if you call.
PS We don't even use ARC to backup our exchange boxes because of issues. We know do a NT backup and then backup that file to tape with ARC....just a suggestion

Thanks for the advice, does nt backup on nt4 do exchange backups?

Thanks for all help so far,

The IS backup worked monday night, and failed last night. I have reinstalled the agent, applied SP4 to the agent and then applied the patch.

We back up four exchange servers, and this is the only one we are having trouble with (but admittedly it has the majority of the users on it). befor the problem started it had nbeen backing up successfully for months, nothing had changed on the exchange server, the agent reinstall and SP were to try and cure the problem once it started.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Gray

Does anybody know how to solve this issue???
i am getting this message while running ARCServe 2000 w/the ARCServe 2000 exchange backup agent on exchange 5.5. I keep getting this message &quot;e8602 FAILED TO READ FROM DATABASE (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\(user mailbox)\(mailbox), EC=BACKUP AGENT ERROR --(69) &quot;Read/Write error in named pipes.&quot;). So have you solved the issue yet, if so, what was the solution. Please help.!!

thanks

I upgraded the agent and applied patch Q022840. This solved the brick level problem (which we were using to test for mailbox corruption). Our problem with E8602 failed to read from database seems to be network related, ping tests showed we were occasionally losing connectivity during the backup.

I did apply the patch and ran a test full backup, but the backup is still going for the last 2 days, not sure why. usually it takes 5 to 6 hours for a my full exchange backup. Any ideas why it is still going? So were your mailbox corrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back