Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8601 Failed to connect to agent (Exchange 2000 agent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juankarkaos

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2004
ES
Hi!

I have a windows 2000 advanced server (SP4) Active/Pasive cluster enviroment using Arcserve V9 (with update 9.01 and 4a patch). I have also installed the SAN option and a Tape library option that are required for my msa1000 and msl 5030 library. This cluster has an Exchange 2000 mail server installed (as a virtual server)and now I need to install Exchange 2000 bakup agent for arcserve. To do this installation I have followed the steps in the article titled "Installing and configuring the brightor ARCServe backup Agent for microsoft Exchange on windows 2000/Exchange 2000" in ca web page. This installation was successfully but I can't do buckups neither Microsoft Information store nor Microsoft Exchange Brick level. The errors that it shows me are:

E8601
Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbaexchis, EC=1314)
E8601
Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=\\CUBRMRCM01\dbaexchis, EC=A required privilege is not held by the client. )

For another hand, I have installed the Exchange agent in a simple Proliant 1600 server using w2k (sp4) and Exchange 2000 and its running very good!. Anybody Kwows?

Can somebody help me?

Juankarkaos

Thanks

I know for BL you need to have "log on locally", "log on as a service" and "act as port of the os" rights. Try adding these to the account.

If that still doesn't work you can try the troubleshooting section in the r11 Exchange agnet guide. There are a lot of suggestions there: ftp://ftp.ca.com/CAproducts/brightstor/docs/BAB11_MS_Exchange_Agent_Guide.pdf

Thanks ACiDelic!!

I've verified that my account is member of these local policies. For another hand, I have also verified the possible problems in the article that you send me. After spend lot of my time with this problem I tried to change port number at the agent configuration (6070 to for example 8090) and when we log on using exchange agent user account and we could finally make brick level backup!! but now something is going bad with Information Store.

can you help me?

thanks!

JuankarKaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back