Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8524 Received unrecognized command from the client agent. (COMMAND=0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padzik

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
CZ
Hi,
in BAB 11, I back up registry and system state on several servers in one job. The registry are backed up OK but system state SOMETIMES failes with this error: E8524 Received unrecognized command from the client agent. (COMMAND=0). The problem is, that sometimes the job (including registry and system state) finishes without problem and sometimes I got this error. The odd thing is, that this error is on 4 servers. I tried to uninstall client agent, then delete all CA and Computer Associates drawers and registry, then installed again. When I come to work and I see the job failed because of system state, I can back system state up on these servers without problem :-( Any ideas PLEASE? Thank you very much

have u tried applying the latest patch on the client agent side?

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't know what update do you think. I can't find any update for client agent on BAB11 support website.

Your right there is not an update for the client agent yet. All I can think of is pick the target where the problem happens the most and put the client agent in debug (it's done via a registry setting hklm/software/ca/).

Hi, thanks. I think I solved this by restarting all four servers (restarting agents didn't work) two days ago and since then the backups are OK. Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back