Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3719 on Brick Level backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolinrome

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
backups are fine on the system state and storeage group but once the bricklevel backups start I get the famous error:

E3719 Unable to write to media EC=Unrecoverable Data Error

I havent been able to find anything solid on the internet searching this. CA Support is such a joke also.

What conditon is the tape in? Are you able to format it succesfully? can you try a new tape?

Are there any other errors with it?

Yes, tried two different tapes and the same thing. No other errors but the one I already listed. If there is any additional information you need just ask.
Thanks!

I am experiencing the exact issue. I'm running ARCserve 11.5 SP3.
When I run a backup job with Exchange Document Level backup included I get the 3719 cannot write to media & 3712 cannot close session. daemon not initialized.
BUT when I run the backup without the document level backup, it runs perfectly.

My media and my drive work perfectly. I've tested this with brand new tapes and I get the same results. I've searched through CA documents and found nothing. I will open a support case and post what we find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back