Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3467 Unable to decrypt file (FILE...ec=11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selke

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
We recently upgraded from ArcServe 6.61 for NT to ArcServe 2000 on a Win2K Server. Our previous backups on 6.61 were encrypted and we never had a problem restoring. Now when we try to restore these tapes using ArcServe 2000 and we give it the proper session password, we get this error. ArcServe Tech Support is stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**RESOLVED**
Well...I finally had to call tech support because their email correspondence was less than helpful. I wish I could say more for their phone support...

I found this write-up on CA's web site:

Tech support didn't think this was our issue. Well...I've had enough misinformation one person can take. I resorted to rebuilding our Win2K Advance Server from scratch...purposely leaving out the Security Rollup. Tech support said that ArcServe 2000 will not decrypt 6.61 encrypted tapes...I hate to say it, but they were wrong. Leaving out the Security Rollup fixed our problem. ArcServe 2000 has successfully restored files off of a 6.61 encrypted tape.

Until CA comes out with a fix for this, it's the security rollup causing the problem and leaving it out avoids this issue of restoring pre-security rollup encrypted/compressed backups.

Also...

There are two versions of ArcServe 2000...one for the US and one for export. The US version has encryption included...the export version does not.

The original error was caused by the export version which we believe is also the trial version sent by CA. They said once we purchased the licenses, we could register the trial version and get full funtionality. Yeah...don't believe that.

Once we rebuilt the server (leaving out the security rollup) and loaded the version sent with our license, all was right in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back