Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3392: Backup server TCP reconnection timeout :-( 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padzik

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
CZ
Hi,
we've got a problem with Brightstor ARCServe Backup 9 in cluster environment. We've got 2 cluster servers.
There are NT client and SQL agents on both installed. The same version on both. I can make non problem backup of SQL database
on both servers. But on the first server (files backup through NT agent), the NT client agent gets error
(E3392: Backup server TCP reconnection timeout). The second server does the files backup through NT agent with no errors.
We upgraded from ARCServe 2000 v7 on Brightstor v9. We had been making this backups with v7 without any errors.
We also tried reinstalling the NT agent. When I compare the registry values (of the NT agents) of both servers , they are the same.
Thank you very much.

Most likely it is either a problem at the client end or the network.

Try reconfiguring the Client Agent. From within the agent Admin configure the agent for the low priority setting.

You can use the Windows utility Monitor to check for network problems.

I had the same problems. I resolved the issue by downloading the newest NIC drivers and setting the duplex speed to 100/full. Although the NIC's we use are gigabit adapters, our switches are only 100mb.

-RuN

Unfortunatelly this is not the problem. The network is OK. This worked very well with ARCServe 2000. After we upgraded to Brightstor ARCServe V9, this problem appeared :-(

I had the same problem and reset the client agent to high priority and that fixed it. I had not yet seen the suggestion that it be set to low.

Next time it happens I am going to try to just restart the service and see if that fixes it. I suspect that is all that was required. I learned that from Exchange brick level backup failures which I solved by restarting the Exchange agent.

I'm considering putting the service restarts in as routine pre-backup execution tasks.

I found that more of the time changing the agent priority to low works better than high. It seems like it is contending with something else and the lower priority gets it working without hanging or losing it's connection. Kind of like setting a NIC to half duplex. In some cases it increased the through put because running it at full duplex sometimes causes so many colissions that half is faster.

I get this error "E3392: Backup server TCP reconnection timeout." when I'm backing up my exchange server. It connects to the Registry and then it takes about 3 hours before I receive this message. Does any one know how to fix it. I've already tried to set the priority to "high" but that still didn't work.

Hi, I solved this by uninstalling and reinstalling of BOTH agents (SQL and NT agent). Then I had to install the SQL agent as the first one, and the NT agent as the second one. Now it works. When I uninstalled and reinstalled only the NT agent, it didn't work, the result was the same (TCP reconnection timeout).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back