Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3150 Unable to connect to network drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetmore1

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2003
US
Some nights during my backups a receive the following error "E3150". It doesn't happen every night so I'm not sure what the problem is. On the server I have 2 backups running at the same time. One will get the error above and the other finishes with out any problems. I run BAB V.9. Also when I get the E3150 and server1, it doesn't backup ant other server for that job. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

This system is never shut down. For example, the backup job is backing up server1. It gets the error e3150. Then it won't backup the rest of server1, then it won't backup server2, server3, ect. It there any way to correct this problem?

Look for a network connectivity problem at the backup server.

The product is designed so that if the connnection is lost and the session failed it goes on to the next session even if the session is the next drive on this same target. Since in your case once the failure happens each sucessive session fails from system to system it seems like a problem at the backup server end or the switch.

On that same backup server, there is another job also running at the same time. It doesn't get the error at all and completes with out any problems. The job that does get the E3150 error never gets it at the same time each night or when it backing the same server. I have replaced to NIC card and I will change to port on the switch. I'll let you know waht happens.

Thanks

Try to spilt the servers into 2 job to see exactly when this problem happned, or try to change the prority and put the server which is allways get stopped on to last sever and see if the backup get failed to it reach that server only.

I am getting this same message and I am only running one job. I think the issue is that the backup job running on the management server is running under a local account in the local admin group on the Management server. I think this needs to be a domain account that is dropped into the admin group on both the management server and the server running the agent. Then the services for the backup manager and the agent need to be reset. Can anyone tell me if what I'm thinking is correct.

I am getting this same message and I am only running one job. I think the issue is that the backup job running on the management server is running under a local account in the local admin group on the Management server. I think this needs to be a domain account. Can anyone tell me if what I'm thinking is correct.

I found my problem. One of the jobs had the wrong security set on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back