Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E2K3 New Global Address List has no Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctet

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
CA
I am trying to create a new Global Address list which includes all Exchange recipients and excludes contacts with certain proxy addresses using the advanced tab of the filter rules dialog. For some reason when I add the advanced filter for the contacts, it removes the contacts and all the Distribution Groups. The DL's do not have the proxy address in question. Any ideas? I have tried this in both the production environment and a lab with a basic exchange install.

I am assuming that the "proxy address" that you refer to above is a bogus email domain. if so:

create a new GAL-

when you create your filter, make sure to choose only one rule, and make it a "custom search"

select Contact/Email Address as the Field
choose "is not" as the condition
enter *bogusdomain.com as the value

the address that I am looking to exclude is actually a GWISE address type, so I need to use proxy address. My filter is as follows... contact | proxy address is not gwise:gwdomain.* . It doesn't sem to matter what I put in for the contact filter, DL's are always removed from the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back