Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1307 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheida

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
We're getting an "E1307 Error Unable to get Device Group status. (DEVGROUP=GROUP0, EC=204)" as soon as our backup job starts. Unlike other posts about E1307 it occurs every hour not ten seconds. The software is 11.5 running on Win2003, HP server and tape drive. I've tried the only KB on the CA website (which was for version 6.5 or something) and it had no effect. Also, we've tried rebooting the server, tape drive, all servers, etc. Any other ideas?

By any chance has Windows 2003 SP2 been installed?

There have been reports of problems as a result.

Go to the ARCserve Manager Device window, group configuration and make sure Group0 is setup as it should be.

This starting happening on our early Saturday morning backup and I didn't install (or download) SP2 until late Saturday night. So, no I don't think it has to do with that.

We got on the horn with CA and they were unable to figure anything out. We did a complete uninstall and reinstall and ended up with the same problem (must be something with the hardware on the server). Needing a backup, we installed it on an older server that is only being used for small stuff. Well, the backup job ran without errors but is taking twice as long as it did on the other server. What's really taking a long time is the backup of the file server, which is where the old backup was installed. There is gigabit between the servers and you probably see my question coming. Does having the backup run directly on the file server make that much of a time differences than backing up to a different server with a gigabit connection? The backup was running on a DL380 G2 (or 3) and is now on a DL360 G2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back