Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1 to PABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzzieGeorge

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
AU
Right so straight off let me explain a few things. I am fairly new to this being a voice tech just studying for the ccna (old dog new tricks). So be gentle with me please

I am trying to use a router to emulate the exchange side of an ISDN link for testing purposes. I have available either a 2600, 2600XM, 1721 or at a pinch a 2800. I have an fxo and an fxs card in the 2600XM so at the moment that will probably be the favourite candidate for the job (although if I ever need to take this to site the 1721 would be more portable) and I have access to a VWIC-1MFT-E1 card.

What is achieveable with this selection and will there be any useful debugging features I can use? For example, would I be able to monitor the number dialled by the pabx?

Any information will be gratefully recieved and if you can point me in the direction of where to find out how to configure this it would help too (not asking you to do it for me but feel free to add sample configs if you feel so inclined)

Thanks in advance

Ozzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back