Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1 PRI DCH on channel 16 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwking

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
CA
Anyone know which setting (CNTY setting presumably) to use to set the DCH on channel 16 of an E1 PRI, rather than channel 31? I'm putting an E1 in Bangladesh. I chose ETSI for the CNTY prompt. The telco there says they're receiving my D channel on channel 31 but they want it on channel 16.

The only thing that I have ever heard about signaling on channel 16 was R2 protocol, which is still around today but not in the states. It is a form of Muilt-Freq

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I always thought the D channel was on 16, whether it was ISDN,R2 or CAS signaling. A search of the Internet didn't help -it didn't say one way or the other. I can't choose where the signaling channel is. All I can do is choose an appropriate country setting. I'll ask Avaya.

Well channel 16 is partially correct, but there is also a DCH on channel 0. I found this on line
E1 connections have 32 channels in total.

Typically, for E1 CCS and CAS protocols, 30 channels are used as B-channels and 2 channels are used as D-channels. For this reason, the frame structure of an E1 PRI connection is said to be 30B+2D where the 2 D-channels are located on timeslots 0 and 16 and the remaining channels are used as B-channels. Hence;

Channel 0 - D-channel (Used mainly for clocking and synchronisation)
Channel 1-15 - B-channel (Voice)
Channel 16 - D-channel (Signalling)
Channel 17-31 - B-channel (Voice)

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

In the UK, some of our older ISDN 30 protocals uses DASS or DPNSS. The signalling channel is 16. It's best to check what is the protocal that is being used.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

That's why I always come here I learn something new all the time. thanks peryy & firebird

channel 0 is indeed the framing channel, but it is not a D channel. A D channel is signaling only. As with a T1, there is only one D channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back