Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e0008498 HEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstarrett

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
I have been running full exchange backups each weekend for four weeks now just fine on Exchange 2003 sp1 servers. Differrential as well have worked fine through out the week. Last weekend I updated the Backup Exec agent 10d on the one exchange server and now all my difs fail with this error.
Incremental and differential backups are not possible because one or more of the Microsoft Exchange transaction log files has been deleted
The second exchange server does diffs just fine with old version 9 agent although is does warn to up date it. But it works.
I have looked at the link for the error

But it does not help. So why did the install of 10d agent break my diffs.??

Capt Mike

I figured it out. After the new agent was installed on the exchange server all full exchanges backups where done via snapshot and logs where not marked correctly. I turned off the use any method available and it worked fine. This only seems to happen in exchange as rest of the servers worked fine.

Capt Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back