Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mails from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody66

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2005
AU
We have started dealing with a few companies in China and there send / receive a number of e-mails to them.
My problem is, when they send us e-mails we sometimes get a message saying:-

"The Microsoft Exchange Server received an Internet message that could not be processed. To view the original message content, open the attached message"

At first we thought is was because of the character code settings so we set them up for the particular domain to be simplified Chinese. This seemd to solve the problem for a while but some users have received 2 e-mails today one could be read fine, the second could not. The second message did have a picture attached and the first didn't so I thought this was the issue but when I spoke to the user they had received one previously with a picture attached.

Has anyone got any suggestions on where to go next with this problem as I am getting a bit frustrated!!

We have Exchange 5.5 sp4 on an NT server using outlook97. Unfortunately I dont know what the company in China has except that they use Outlook 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back