Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Mailing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLreports

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
I am pulling from a string field in the database that contains e-mail addresses and I want it to be a hyperlink to the address it has. Does anyone know how to do this?

Ryan Boyd
CTL Reporting
Bentonville, AR
ryan.boyd@ctlusa.net
p4 2Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Crystal Reports Professional 8.5

Right click on the field and choose format field. Choose the Hyperlink tab. Choose the "A website on the Internet" not the "as an email address" (sounds crazy, I know). In the conditional formating - the (x-2) button use:

"mailto:"+{your.email.field}

Mike

I have a related question. I want to click on the e-mail address in a form and hyperlink it that way. Do I select the hyperlink data type in the table? Then what? I got lost when you said to choose a website. Any webiste? I also didn't find the conditional formatting command line.

Thanks,
Shannon Williams

Click on the field you want to make into a hyperlink. Go to Fomat/Format Field.... Choose the Hyperlink tab. For the "Hyperlink type" choose the "A website on the Internet". The text box (called Hyperlink Information") below will now be usable. Click the (x-2) conditional formatting button, and use the formula I posted earlier.

You don't need to put anything in the text box.

Because of the way conditional formatting is handled, it would be overriden by what you would put in the text box.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back